Lunes, Enero 4, 2016

Kalibo Airport lounge denies racial discrimination

The management of the controversial Kalibo Airport lounge has denied the alleged racial discrimination as claimed by a Filipino soldier.

Korean staff John Lee said he was speaking on behalf of the management that claimed being surprised to the allegations now viral in social media.

According to Ryan Layug, a Philippine Army lieutenant, he was barred from entering the airport lounge when he sought its services on the night of Jan.1.

“I am Ryan Layug, a soldier, a Filipino. I am returning to duty in Mindanao after my New Year’s leave. I am a bit worried that I might be reprimanded of this post but as a soldier I defend democracy, and I will defend my fellow Filipinos (in) the face of discrimination,” the soldier said in his post.

Lee said that they are mulling filing a complaint against Layug. The soldier is believed to be a resident of nearby province of Libertad, Antique.

For her part, airport lounge staff Judith Jorque, a Filipina, said that she hopes Layug is able to film the entire proceedings of the incident.

"I dare him to show evidence of his allegations. We have a proof that we are fully booked during those times and that we are not discriminating Filipinos coming to us," said Jorque.

Jorque said she was among those who had been approached by Layug during the incident.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Villar sets 10th OFW and Family Summit on Nov. 19

AS a sign of their continuing gratitude to our Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), Senator Cynthia Villar announced the holding of the 10th OF...